May is National BBQ Month, and while the month may be ending soon, a father’s love for barbecuing is not. We like to think of Memorial Day weekend as officially kicking off the grilling season, so it’s also the perfect time to start thinking about gifts that your dad or significant other would love for Father’s Day.
It’s never too early to start thinking about Father’s Day gifts. Since we know most dads are so hard to shop for, we’ve put together a list of the best gift ideas for Dad (with help from our friend Steven Raichlen’s gift guide.)
Here are the top barbecuing gifts all dads are sure to love:
- Project Smoke World-Influenced Barbecue Rubs: a collection of six unique spice rubs Steven developed to bring new and exciting flavors to the table. They include Malabar Steak Rub, Carolina Pit Powder, Kansas City Smoke Rub (which even taste good on meatballs), Santa Fe Coffee Rub, Fennel Pepper Rub, and Greek Island Herb Rub. We won’t tell anyone if you decide to “borrow” some of these rubs for cooking!
- Himalayan Salt Grilling Slab: This pure salt tile is perfect for gourmet cooking, such as grilling, searing and cooking meat, fish and vegetables. It seasons your food while you grill. Any dad will love the flavorful results!
- Best of Barbecue Rib Rack: The more the merrier especially applies to cooking ribs. This rib rack quadruples the number of racks of ribs your dad or hubby can cook at one time using limited grill grate space.
- Bradley Digital Bluetooth-Compatible Smart Smoker: This smoker combines two things all dads love: the latest technology and smoking meats. The Bradley Smart Smoker allows you to control the smoker from Bluetooth-enabled smartphones in real time and from the touchscreen control center.
- Stovetop Smoker: Smoke-cooking is a healthy to infuse flavor without the use of fats, salts, oils, or added calories. Camerons Stovetop Smoker allows you to hot-smoke food, a process that retains moisture and natural cooking flavors so foods don’t dry out or get tough. It also doubles as a steamer, so it’s really like two gifts in one!
- Shun 12-inch Hollow Ground Brisket Knife: With all of this barbecuing gear, he’ll need something to cut his perfectly cooked meats. This elegant, superbly crafted knife glides through large hunks of protein (brisket, turkey, and ham) like butter without tearing the meat or tiring out the designated meat carver—usually Dad himself!
- Weber Kettle Rotisserie: Convert any 22.5-inch charcoal kettle grill into a rotisserie cooker with this accessory that includes a heavy-duty electric motor, a wooden rod handle for safe handling, and a counterbalance for smooth turning and less motor wear.
With these gifts, he’ll be so excited and you just might get off of dinner duty. It’s a win-win! View Steven’s gift guide for more ideas like these.